A lot of us understand typical homosexual slang like “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” For those who haven’t, you are one — and also you don’t even understand.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from around the world, listed below are 50 unusual or phrases that are out-of-use you really need to invest in memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or checking some body out, British term refers to examining the item of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – exceedingly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Example: “Did you see her in the club today? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a woman that is masculine closely pertaining to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to queer ladies who appear to be vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is sporty and athletic. Your message denotes that she’s the not the sort to wear makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and is true of a far more look that is natural.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a homosexual that is young looking for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, discussing an adult homosexual male in search of more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for starting up in public areas restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male who is dishonorably released through the Navy with regards to their sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solo after attempting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South slang that is african Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others practice sex.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male used by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or perhaps a bellhop at a hotel.
12. Fish redhead teen sex and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of a married “heterosexual” lover.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately sent disease at the same time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently searching for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – usually utilized to explain an aging male that is gay similar to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced type of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots up to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain into the century that is 16th make reference to an untameable, crazy girl or perhaps a tomboy.
19. Ice cream (n. ) – someone so sweet that you’ve got the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual males who possess a romantic but non-sexual relationship, often best friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – person in deep denial about their own sexuality, one whom might never ever emerge.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to a really effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, wanting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Fortunate Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman in a Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser male that is gay has existed the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than an individual who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. Regarding the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or sex that is casual. See also: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has also been split up with.
32. On the bridge to Pimpleton (n. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term discussing an exceptionally straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who carries out the role that is bottom. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian genital sex.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the business of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Evening Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual on the normal weekdays and may even be within the cabinet to buddies and co-workers.
38. Pants (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or “Kissing Fish. ”
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, often more pejorative, because it suggests a” demeanor that is“bitchy.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom head out in search of hookups later at night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can maybe maybe not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor practice of saying “Ich bin” that is warm hot times, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – A caucasian individual.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls somewhere in between your two poles; much like a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for a club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in general public, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, also called “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression talking about a male homosexual
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy which takes invest an area that is public just like a bathhouse or even a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a list that is great of queer expressions, several of that have been included here. Check always out of the sleep on the web site. Madison Moore even offers a listing explaining best wishes gay slang that is black.
Have the best of idea Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly to get the most effective tales through the week to your inbox every Friday.
You may unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you accept the regards to our Privacy Statement.
Concerning the writer
Find out about attention Catalog and our article writers on our about page.